The Latest and Best Oticon Hearing Aids
Innovation and discretion in hearing aids
Oticon is a premium hearing aid brand with a long history of providing outstanding hearing devices. If you are looking for Oticon hearing devices backed up with outstanding care and service, then you have come to the right placeContact Us
Hearing Solutions Focused on The Brain
Outstanding Unique Brain Focused Solutions
Oticon Hearing AidsOPN S models OPN models Xceed models
Hearing Aids with a Focuson Brain Hearing
Oticon is a Danish hearing device manufacturer, who is one of the top 3 hearing aid brands in the world. Their UK head office is in Hamilton which means that their production and repair facilities are based close by. Oticon also owns the retailer Hidden Hearing so if you visit this retailer you are most likely going to be offered a hearing aid manufactured by Oticon even though it might not carry the Oticon brand.
Oticon was the first Danish manufacturer to have a hearing aid on the market when they produced the Oticon TA in 1947, although they have been in business for over a century. They are also one of the main suppliers of hearing instruments to the NHS. Oticon currently has some of the most advanced hearing aids available on the market today. Their focus is on how the brain hears and they design their products with that clearly in mind. They have coined the phrase Brain Hearing for their focus. Their hearing device the Oticon Opn platform was exceptionally well received and marked a real change in how hearing aids worked. They have since introduced the Opn S range which builds upon the original Opn. However, there are currently no Opn S In The Ear models available, if you want a custom device, you will have to pick the Opn.
Oticon Opn S Hearing Aids
Oticon released the new Opn S platform in March 2019, the S range is the replacement for their outstanding Opn range. While the Opn is still one of the best hearing aid platforms around, it has become quite dated. The Opn S platform builds upon the outstanding foundations of the Opn, delivering even better speech understanding and clarity. Initially, the Opn S will be available in four device types across three technology levels. The devices are both internet enabled and Bluetooth enabled. Oticon has made the Opn S even better with new and upgraded features which build upon the original.
Three Technology Levels
The new Opn S will be available in the same three technology levels that the original Opn was available in. They will be the Opn S 1, which is the premium technology, the Opn S 2 which is the mid-range platform and finally the Opn S 3 which will be the entry-level Opn S technology.
Powerful Enough For Every Hearing Loss
The beautiful MiniRITE devices can use four different receiver power levels meaning that they offer a discreet option for every hearing loss
The Hearing Aid Models
Opn S miniRITE
The Opn S miniRITE hearing aid model is a very discrete wireless slimline 'Mini-Receiver-In-Ear (miniRITE)' hearing aid using a 312 battery. Powerful fully featured and offering amazing discretion. The device will be available across the three technology levels and because of the interchangeable receivers will be suitable for hearing losses from mild to severe to profound.
Opn S miniRITE-R
wireless slimline Rechargeable 'Mini-Receiver-In-Ear (miniRITE)' hearing aid using a new lithium-ion rechargeable battery which offers 16 hours of use with five hours of streaming. The battery pack is easily replaceable in the clinic. The device also has a telecoil. The device will be available across the three technology levels and because of the interchangeable receivers will be suitable for hearing losses from mild to severe to profound.
Opn S miniRITE-T
The sleek and discreet wireless MiniRITE-T features a telecoil and double pushbutton for easy volume and program control. It is powered by a 312 battery. The device will be available across the three technology levels and because of the interchangeable receivers will be suitable for hearing losses from mild to severe to profound.
Opn S BTE13 PP
The powerful and compact BTE13 PP fits hearing losses up to 105 dB SPL to benefit people with severe-to-profound hearing loss. The plus power solution features a telecoil, a tactile double pushbutton for easy volume and program control and a two-colour LED indicator to monitor hearing aid status for both users and caregivers.
Opn Xceed Hearing Aids
Oticon introduced the Xceed range of hearing aids in August 2019. The Oticon Xceed range is built on the new Velox S platform that powers Opn S. They are the first power hearing aids from Oticon that offer their outstanding OpenSound Navigator (OSN), which they say offers more access to speech with less effort, and their new OpenSound Optimizer which helps to deliver more amplification without whistling.
With 146 dB SPL and 87 dB full-on gain, Xceed and Xceed Play are the world's most powerful hearing aids. The addition of the underlying OSN technology will give people with severe to profound hearing loss the opportunity to assess how it works for them. The OSN technology by Oticon is said to work “ultra-fast to constantly analyze, prioritize, and preserve speech from all directions while significantly reducing noise.”
Results from an independent study show that OSN technology in Xceed improves speech clarity by 10%, reduces listening effort by 10%, and increases short-term recall by 15% for patients with severe-to-profound hearing loss.1. Xceed Play with OSN provides up to 20% more speech cues for children with severe-to-profound hearing loss, without the high risk of feedback.2. When extra help is needed, patients can activate OpenSound Booster using the Oticon ON App.
The Xceed range is available in three levels of technology with the 1 being the top of the range, the 2 mid-range and the 3 the entry level. The OSN and the OpenSound Booster is not available with the 3 level of technology.
Made For iPhone Power Hearing Aids
The Xceed Power hearing aids join a very exclusive group of direct connection Made For iPhone power hearing aids. They will enable power users to connect directly to an iPhone® and connect to any modern smartphone via the ConnectClip to stream sound hands-free to both ears. With the Oticon ON App, patients can regulate volume, change programs, or simply turn off their hearing aids with complete discretion.
The Xceed range consists of two traditional Behind The Ear hearing aid models, a smaller Super Power device and a larger Ultra Power device. Both of them have telecoils onboard, IP68-certification for water and dust resistance, and push buttons for easy control.
Opn Xceed BTE SP
The Xceed BTE SP hearing aid model is the smaller of the two models in the range. The device has a telecoil onboard, IP68-certification for water and dust resistance, and push buttons for easy control. It is powered with a size 13 battery. It will cover hearing losses down to 110 dB. It is a Made For iPhone hearing aid and will connect directly to Apple products. The Xceed BTE SP range is available in three levels of technology with the 1 being the top of the range, the 2 mid-range and the 3 the entry level. The OSN and the OpenSound Booster is not available with the 3 level of technology.
Opn Xceed BTE UP
The Xceed BTE UP hearing aid model is the larger of the two models in the range. The device has a telecoil onboard, IP68-certification for water and dust resistance, and push buttons for easy control. It is powered with a size 675 battery. It will cover hearing losses down to 120 dB. It is a Made For iPhone hearing aid and will connect directly to Apple products. The Xceed BTE UP range is available in three levels of technology with the 1 being the top of the range, the 2 mid-range and the 3 the entry level. The OSN and the OpenSound Booster is not available with the 3 level of technology.
Oticon Opn, A Dramatic Innovation
The Oticon Opn was the first ever internet enabled hearing aids. The Oticon Opn came with a number of additional features and it can connect to devices via the internet and Bluetooth. The hearing aids sync directly to your iPhone so you can make phone calls and listen to music without any headphones. While the Opn S has replaced the Opn, the Opn S does not have an In The Ear range. That means that if you would like one of Oticon's custom hearing devices, the Opn is the range for you.
Opn Invisible In Canal (IIC)
They say "These ‘invisible’ hearing aids sit far enough in the ear canal that people won’t be able to see them. A thin plastic pin remains accessible, which you use to pull the hearing aids out again. Like all Oticon Opn hearing aids, the Invisible-In-the-Canal (IIC) style automatically adjusts to different sound environments – which means you don't have to touch them or change their settings during the day." The IIC will definitely not be Made For iPhone and in fact may not be wireless at all. Oticon have made some strides in the design of the device and they say it will be the smallest IIC ever. They reckon that it should physically fit 8 out of every 10 people. The devices appear to be powered with a size 10 battery.
Opn Completely In Canal (CIC)
They say "These very discreet hearing aids sit completely inside the ear canal and are hard to see – though not entirely hidden. They have an optional control button." Again, the CIC devices will not be MFI enabled, however, I would expect them to be wireless enabled. That should mean that they will be compatible with Oticon's own wireless hearing aid accessories. The addition of an optional control button also gives CIC users the ability to manually control the aids, which is never a bad thing. The devices appear to be powered with a size 10 battery. Looking at the faceplate of the CICs, they could be a twin mic hearing aid, if so, they may well deliver the Open Sound.
Opn In The Canal (ITC)
They say " In-the-Canal (ITC) hearing aids can accommodate larger batteries and more advanced technologies such as Bluetooth® low energy technology. This is because they are larger and more visible than the two smaller types shown here: Invisible-in-the-Canal (IIC) or Completely-In-the-Canal (CIC) hearing aids. With Bluetooth, ITC hearing aids can connect to other devices including smartphones, TVs, computers, music players and remote microphone accessories. You can make hands-free calls using your hearing aids, and listen to stereo audio and music wirelessly. The larger faceplate allows you to control them via the programme button or a volume wheel, and makes them easier to handle." This is an excellent hearing aid, it will be Made For iPhone and have access to their Connect Clip, while being pretty discreet.
Opn In The Ear Half Shell (ITE Half Shell)
They say "These in-the-ear hearing instruments fill up more of the visible part of the ear. They are easy to use, fully featured, and offer wireless connectivity." The half-shell offers the best of both worlds, a slightly easier to handle device that offers manual controls that still offers discretion. The half-shell device will be MFI enabled and have access to the Connect Clip, it should also offer the Open Sound. There is no word so far on whether they will be able to fit a telecoil in it though. While some aren't that interested in Loop systems, many love the telecoil once they have tried it out in a theatre or public place.
Opn In The Ear Full Shell (Full Shell)
They say "For people who prioritise an instrument that is extra easy to handle, control, and adjust. These in-the-ear hearing aids are fully featured and offer wireless connectivity." The full shell should offer a size 13 battery and I have little doubt that it has a telecoil on board as well as access to Oticon's own wireless accessories and a direct connection to iPhones. Again, with the twin-mics onboard the device should offer the Open Sound.
The Oticon Opn was the first-ever internet-enabled hearing aids. The Oticon Opn came with a number of additional features and it can connect to devices via the internet and Bluetooth. The hearing aids sync directly to your iPhone so you can make phone calls and listen to music without any headphones. While the Opn S has replaced the Opn, the Opn S does not have an In The Ear range. That means that if you would like one of Oticon's custom hearing devices, the Opn is the range for you.
One open sound experience
Three levels of BrainHearing™ support
BrainHearing™ support is delivered by a unique combination of technologies working together to reduce listening effort and provide the brain with better conditions to perform in. The Oticon Opn range has three levels of technology, Level 1 which iod top of the range, level 2 and level 3.
- Acoustic notifications Provides notifications and warnings to assist and support confidence in daily use, e.g., start-up jingle, low battery warnings, etc.
- Adaptation Management Adapts in 3 steps for gradual user acclimatization to a new hearing aid
- App & Remote Control Discreetly adjusts volume, switches between programs or controls connectivity sources with Remote Control 3.0 or the Oticon ON App
- AutoPhone Automatically activates a phone program in the hearing aid for telephones with a dedicated magnet
- Bass Boost Controls compensation for bass leakage in open fittings when streaming audio
- Binaural Coordination Coordinates program and volume settings between the two hearing aids
- Binaural Processing Continuous data exchange between two hearing aids about the sound level at each ear to better maintain the difference in input between the ears
- Clear Dynamics Expands the dynamic input range, processing sounds up to 113dB SPL, to preserve sound quality even at loud input levels
- Data Logging Logs volume control usage, program usage and total use time
- Feedback Analyzer Analyzes the risk of feedback with the prescribed gain and chosen acoustics in Genie 2
- Feedback shield LX Employs an ultra-fast and effective feedback management system that prevents feedback without compromising sound quality or audibility
- Fitting Channels 16 fitting bands for a precise fit and more fine-tuning options for client fittings
- Fitting Formulas Include VAC+, NAL-NL1, NAL-NL2
- Made for iPhone® Indicates compatibility. ‘Made for iPhone’ means that the hearing aid and accessories have been designed to connect to iPhone, and have been certified by the developer to meet Apple™ performance standards.
- Multiple Directionality Options Enables conventional directionality settings in addition to OpenSound NavigatorTM transition settings
- NFMI Near-Field Magnetic Induction – Improves speed of communication and bandwidth between two hearing aids with very low power consumption
- OpenSound NavigatorTM Provides listening support by continuously analyzing the environment, balancing sound sources so focus sound is clear and competing sounds are not too disturbing. Finally, it attenuates remaining noise to provide a more accessible sound environment.
- Oticon Firmware Updater Enables you to update VeloxTM-based hearing aids and connectivity solutions, adding new and improved features quickly in your office.
- Phone Program Optimizes hearing aid for telephone conversations using the hearing aid microphone
- Processing Channels Data is analyzed and processed in 64 channels, 100 times per second
- REM AutoFit Enables more personalized fittings by taking individual ear acoustics into consideration
- Soft Speech Booster LX Applies an individual amount of soft gain to increase soft speech understanding
- Binaural Noise Management Optimizes listening in asymmetrical, noisy situations
- Spatial SoundTM LX Uses binaural compression to provide precise spatial awareness that helps users identify where sounds are coming from
- Speech GuardTM LX Preserves the dynamics of speech by combining the benefits of linear and non-linear compression Page 17 Stereo Streaming Streams audio input in stereo
- Transient Noise Management Protects against sudden loud sounds with fast recovery to preserve audibility; offers four different levels for fine tuning, including ‘off’
- TwinLinkTM Combines two distinct radio technologies in an innovative wireless communication system; features one technology to support seamless, energy-efficient binaural communication between two hearing aids (NFMI) and one to support communication with external electronic and digital devices (2.4 GHz)
- Wind Noise Management Protects against the discomfort of wind noise
- YouMaticTM LX Accommodates personal listening preferences and sound perceptions in the prescription of gain and automatics
Less stress. Remember more. Better hearing. Oticon Opn™ introduced groundbreaking technology that is fast enough to support the brain. With precision and accuracy it analyzes the acoustic environment and differentiates between the individual sounds.
The result is a significant improvement in the ability to understand speech in complex environments while, at the same time, preserving mental energy – ultimately empowering users to Open Up to the World. Users are provided with more accurate information making it easier to locate and separate sound sources so they can focus on what they find important. This happens so quickly it facilitates the listener’s ability to change focus when desired.
This is the premium hearing aid platform in Oticon’s range which uses their new Velox Sense processing chip. This range is a completely new way of processing sound and is suitable for more demanding listening environments.
Rated 5 out of /5 based on 40 customer reviews
“Thank you so much for restoring my hearing, I only wish I had come to you first! Amazing service, you really care and went over and above to fix the issue. Highly recommended and I will definitely come to you first next time!”Fiona McGowan5Hearing Aids Hearing aids supplied and fitted to patient's individual hearing loss
“I am an experienced hearing aid user who recently attended Edinburgh Hearing Aid Practice for assessment. The latter was the most comprehensive I have experienced to date. Audiologist Katie was meticulous in arriving at the best solution for me. She has a positive and sympathetic approach which is so important in this sensitive area.”Phillip Michaelson5Hearing Aids Hearing aids supplied and fitted to patient's individual hearing loss
“after reading which consumer report they recommended independents and I chose Edinburgh hearing practice and I'm glad I did. Katie and Martin are excellent in checking your hearing and advising on the best aid suited to you. After sales service is second to none and I have no hesitation in recommending them.”Robert Crombie5Hearing Aids Hearing aids supplied and fitted to patient's individual hearing loss